Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tree and cloud studies - oil pastel

Since I really don't consider myself a painter I thought I'd try the tree challenge with a medium closer to drawing.

I've been having a box with oil pastels in a drawer for as long as I can remember. It's a medium I've never been comfortable with but I've kept them because I like Italian artist Lorenzo Mattotti so much. Now I thought maybe the scale had something to do with why I've had problems so I made these drawings quite large. 50 x 70 cm and thereabout.

Now I find it very inspiring and the drawing with color method fits the task quite good.

I expanded the tree challenge to include clouds which have a similar bubbly, broccoli-like visual texture.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Men gu va vackert!
/Jonas

Anders Nyberg said...

Tack Jonas!