Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013

The year is coming to an end and it's time for some reflection. It's been a good year. I've been involved in two book releases that I'm very proud of: Jordens försvunna skatter and Fille & Gonkan hos sjörövarna.  I'll post some excerpts below but there's more examples at my portfolio over here.

Business was quite slow in the summer but a generous grant from The Swedish Author's Fund not only gave me opportunity to spend some time with The Tree and Cloud Challenge I've been posting about, but maybe more importantly, a chance to explore what kind of books I want to make myself in the future. I don't want to kill these ideas by talking to much about them but I'll post some half-finished drawings just to put some pressure on myself. I mean; if I state that I'm working on some book projects here I'll have to finish them too, right?

2013 also saw the release of Mattias IA Eklundh's album The Smorgasboard which I did the cover illustration for.

The 3D-printing workshop at KKV was another great thing and I immediately applied (and was accepted) for membership in the Electronics Workshop. The shop is in fact expanding with some very interesting new equipment and hopefully I'll get the chance to work there this coming year.

From Jordens försvunna skatter (Hidden treasures of the world):



From Fille & Gonkan hos sjörövarna (F & G with the pirates):



From my own book projects:


 From The Smorgasboard album cover:



No comments: